Level: Introductory to Intermediate
SharePoint 2013's new App Model provides the developer to create lightweight applications based on common web standards. The new app model allows us to extend SharePoint 2013 functionality while limiting the chance of affecting overall server performance. SharePoint apps work both on- premises and in the cloud and allows us to create applications that integrate with processes running on other servers. The new app model opens up a new area of development that we will need to master.
This one day session will cover the key areas that you will need to master in order to develop SharePoint 2013 apps. In this workshop we will cover topics including:
- Discussing what a SharePoint app actually is
- Learning the different types of SharePoint apps and hosting options
- Developer environment and tooling options
- Working with SharePoint's remote APIs including REST and CSOM
- How to define security and impersonation for a SharePoint app
- Deploying and publishing a SharePoint app
After this one day workshop a developer will be ready to design, develop, and publish a SharePoint app!